In California, every employee is protected from employer retaliation. Delivered in various forms, retaliation is any adverse employment action unlawfully taken against an employee including, but not limited to: Termination, Demotion, Performance Improvement Plans, Write-Ups, Change in Schedule, Reduction of Hours, Increased Supervision, and Reassignment of Job Duties.
Workplace retaliation occurs when an employee acts against an employee for engaging in a legally protected activity. Below are a few examples of situations where retaliation may occur:
- Reporting Unlawful Activities
- Discrimination and Harassment Complaints
- Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation.
- Family and Medical Leave (CFRA Leave or FMLA Leave)
- Maternity Leave
- Lactation Breaks
- Child Bonding Leave
- Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
- Complaining about Unpaid Wages
- Discussing Income
- Complaints about Unlawful Working Conditions
- Discussing Work Conditions
- Time Off to Vote
- Time Off for Military Leave
- Time Off for Jury Duty
- Parents and School-Related Activities
At Hershey Law, our experienced team understands the law and will fight for you every step of the way. If you feel that you are facing retaliation from your employer, we can help. Contact Hershey Law today to schedule your free consultation and get what is rightfully yours 818-722-9763.